In this page, we summarize the main options to get support to attend or register the conference (either as student or not). In all cases, if granted, a discount will be provided to the person who submitted the application, so it is important to not register until notification about the grant is received (since reimbursements are more difficult to do).
Eligibility: we support general participants who have difficulties in funding, but we give priority to students and participants from developing countries.
Fair Access Funding
The HT’22 organizing committee wants to help ensure broad participation in the conference and has set up a HT’22 Fair Access Fund (FAF) sponsored by SIGWEB. The Fund offers different access to the conference depending on the needs of participants from countries designated by ACM as “economically developing”, either as a discounted price (for paper presenters) or free of charge registrations (for online attendees).
Student Support Program
This program is intended to help students attend HT. Preference in financial support is given to Doctoral Consortium presenters and to students who are first authors and will present the paper at the conference and whose advisors do not have a current research grant. Preference is given to PhD students and to underrepresented groups in computer science such as women.
The amount of this support given is based on the funds available, the student’s expected travel expenses minus other sources of support, and the number of applicants. This is typically larger for authors of full papers and Doctoral Consortium presenters. All students receiving support may be requested to help with a small organization task during the conference.
We want to note that part of the funding has special requirements and may not be applicable to all the students. NSF Grant is used to support students who are studying in US institutions. The supported students should come from different universities. Or, if two of them happen to come from the same university, then at least one should be either a woman or a member of some other minority group. Namely, we may not be able to support multiple students who come from a same university. But other grants may cover it.
In this case, students must book flights with US flagged carriers (a carrier operating under a code share agreement with a US carrier is considered a US flag carrier as long as the ticket is issued using the US flag carrier’s airline designator and flight number). Your airline tickets purchases are compliant with the Fly America Act (U.S. carrier or code shared flights are used). Enclosed please find links to the GSA Fly America Act https://www.gsa.gov/policy-regulations/policy/travel-management-policy/fly-america-act and Code Share fact sheet https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/transportation-airfare-rates-pov-rates-etc/airfare-rates-city-pairs-programs/resource-library/code-share-fact-sheet links, which explain the circumstances for use and provides links to the associated code share documents, including the FY18 domestic and international code shares https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FY18_Domestic_and_Intl_Code_Share_List.pdf.
To celebrate the co-location of 3 ACM conferences in Barcelona (ACM Hypertext, ACM UMAP, and ACM WebSci) we offer three options:
- A 3-conference online pass. Sponsored by SIGWEB, a special pass has been arranged for those curious about the contents on the three conferences. Thanks to this pass, you will be able to be registered the entire two weeks to access presentations and workshops. The discount should be applied during the registration process at each conference by using the following code during the purchase: SIGWEBPASS. This promotion code offers a 20% discount to attend to Hypertext, UMAP, and WebScience conferences TOGETHER online. To reclaim your discount you should use it in the registration for the three conferences. The amount of codes is limited, based on a first come, first served modality. This discount is only applicable to online and non-presenter registrations.
- A WebScience and Hypertext discount. By registering to HT’22 together with WebSci’22, participants can obtain a joint discount to enjoy the entire week in Barcelona attending to both events. The discount can be applied during the registration process at both conferences by using the following code during the purchase: HTWS22BCN. This promotion code offers a 20% discount to attend to Hypertext and WebScience conferences TOGETHER onsite. To reclaim your discount you should use it in the registration for BOTH conferences. The amount of codes is limited, based on a first come, first served modality. This discount is only applicable to in-person and presenter registrations.
- A UMAP and Hypertext discount. By registering to HT’22 together with UMAP’22, participants can obtain a joint discount to enjoy two weeks in Barcelona attending to both events. The discount can be applied during the registration process at both conferences by using the following code during the purchase: HTUM22BCN. This promotion code offers a 20% discount to attend to Hypertext and UMAP conferences TOGETHER onsite. To reclaim your discount you should use it in the registration for BOTH conferences. The amount of codes is limited, based on a first come, first served modality. This discount is only applicable to in-person and presenter registrations.
How to apply:
Access to the following form and have the following information prepared (DEADLINE: May 20th):
- a short statement (1-2 paragraphs) explaining your interest in participating in HT ’22
- title of accepted papers in the conference (and/or in the co-located events, i.e., UMAP and WebSci)
- type of attendance (online vs in-person)
- estimated travel cost (if needed)
- a brief letter from a supervisor or advising professor in case of students. This letter (in PDF or scanned PDF) must confirm: that you are a valid student, the available funding from your University/ department/ supervisor/ other funding resources; that your supervisor has reviewed your budget and think it is reasonable; it should include your supervisor signature on the letter.
Discount codes will be sent upon approval to be applied in the registration process.
Note that, depending on the funding, an ACM, SIGCHI, or SIGWEB membership might be required. As noted in the registration page, these memberships also allow for lower rates, so we strongly advise applying for a membership if you are planning to register for the conference.